Thursday, August 28, 2014

Fetzer Crimson Pinot Noir 2011 wine review by (PB)

Ruby hue with tantalizing aromas of sweet raspberry syrup, candy apple coating, sweet spices,

Palate--Steely front with vigorous light cherry and raspberry with a palate scraping acidity and a gentle finish of light red berries.

I don't remember what I paid for this but it seems to sell for $8-11. When I started my wine obsession in the mid 70's Fetzer was one of California's premier names for producing value wines with sturdy rigor. I don't see the name out in my neck of the woods which is one reason I grabbed this one. Fond memories of the Fetzer name and this wine is an honorable production fitiing of the Fetzer name.

At this price you shouldn't expect much but this is a value Pinot and even at this price point is a good example of the grape so raise a glass!

No comments:

Post a Comment