Thursday, June 05, 2014

Domaine Du Salvard Cheverny 2011 wine review by (PB)

Hue is a very pale nearly rose looking, with an orange tinge to it.

Bouquet--Just beneath the tightly wound raspberry fruit is a note of asparagus green and ash. Underneath that is a layer of sweet spice though gentle.

Palate--Finessed structure with fruity foundation of sour strawberry and red raspberry hints. Well made it is easy to drink and interesting.

This Loire red is a blend of Pinot Noir and Gamay. I grabbed it because I don't believe I have ever seen this blend but then again I have never had a Cheverny.

I will be pairing this a pasta bed on which rests asparagus and shrimp in a lovely cream sauce. The gentle flavors of this dish should work well with this wine.

I paid a hefty $19 for this bottle which is about as high as you will see it anywhere. If you are looking for a unique wine experience to broaden your horizons *I would pay the price again. If not, I would wait until I could find it for $15 or less. *Raise a glass!

No comments:

Post a Comment